Hello lovely! This blog post is my review on each skincare product that comes with the Skin Wonderland set, from Sephora Favorites. I wrote about this set a few posts back when it first came out. Just to recap, this particular set was available only at JCPenney, and now after I have tried and tested out the products, I will briefly share my opinion about the individual items. This set, unfortunately, is no longer in stock, but each item mentioned is sold individually in stores and some are sold online. If you are looking for skincare products to add to your routine or want to know more about the products shown above, this post is for you. Skin Wonderland: Brilliant Bestsellers for Glowing Skin 11 Products in Total/Deluxe Only
Price: $39 Retail Value: $167 Product Value: $127.82
Everything in this set listed in alphabetical order:
1. Algenist, Complete Eye Renewal Balm Weight: 0.23 fl oz Price:$29.90 Origin: USA
2. Boscia, Detoxifying Black Cleanser Weight: 1 fl oz Price:$5.60 Origin: USA
3. First Aid Beauty, Ultra Repair Cream Weight:1 oz Price:$6.00 Origin: USA
4. Fresh, Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 Scent: Unscented Weight: 0.08 ozPrice:$12.00 Origin: France
5. Glamglow, Younthmud Tingleexfoliate Treatment Weight: 0.5 oz Price:$19.00 Origin: USA
6. Josie Maran Cosmetics, Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter Scent: Apricot Vanilla Weight: 2 fl ozPrice:$8.75 Origin: USA
7. Kate Somerville Skincare, Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment Weight: 0.15 fl oz Price: $22.00 Origin: USA
8. Marula Pure Beauty Oil, Foaming Cleansing Oil Weight: 1 fl oz Price:$4.78 Origin: USA
9. Olehenriksen, Truth Serum Collagen Booster Weight: 0.33 fl oz Price:$15.84 Origin: USA
10. Peter Thomas Roth, Rose Stem Cell Bio Repair Mask Weight: 0.5 oz Price:$4.50 Origin: USA
11. Shiseido, Ultimate Power Infusing Concentrate Weight: 0.33 fl oz Price:$21.45 Origin: USA
Now onto the review! All products will be in alphabetical order. Scroll down to find the exact item mentioned above, if you do not have time to read through everything. :)
- Algenist, Complete Eye Renewal Balm Weight: 0.23 fl oz Price:$29.90 Origin: USA
This eye balm is contained in a tiny tub, the perfect size for an eye cream. You only need the tiniest amount with each use so it will last a long time.The texture is a mousse-like, semi-soft, whipped balm. It applies smoothly and rubs in nicely. The product feels rich and cool to the touch, and I noticed a slightly brighter under eyes. I love that this product is formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates. The key ingredients in this eye cream are:
Alguronic Acid: Increases cell regeneration and elastin synthesis.
Vitamin C: Boosts radiance and reduces wrinkles.
Caffeine: Reduces puffiness around the eyes.
Cucumber Extract: Smooths, hydrates, and nourishes the skin.
This eye product smells slightly chemically, or maybe all the ingredients combined together including: green tea, Shea butter, and caffeine creates this particular scent? The scent isn’t too noticeable unless you actually put the product to your nose. I don’t usually use eye creams or feel that they are really necessary, but since I got this, I enjoy using it. The full-size comes in a 0.5 oz and cost $65, this is one pricey eye balm. I rather purchase the duo set that includes this exact deluxe-sized eye cream and a bonus lip balm for $25. I will try other eye creams but I don’t mind repurchasing in the future, if the set is still available. In my opinion I think this would be a nice gift for someone who is highly into eye creams. I give this product 4/5.
2. Boscia, Detoxifying Black Cleanser Weight: 1 fl oz Price:$5.60 Origin: USAThis is a light liquid gel-cleanser that deeply detoxifies impurities of the skin, using active ingredients like charcoal. The color of the product is the same black, as the packaging, but once you massage it onto your face, it turns into a milky cleanser. It smells lovely, like all the other Boscia products, it has a light citrusy/grapefruit scent. The warming sensation is not intense, it is ever so slightly warm and only for a few seconds. Make sure to rub the product onto your face and not in your hands or the “warmth” will no longer be present on your face. This product is formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates, which is always a plus in my book. The key ingredients in this product are:
Artichoke Leaf Extract: Improves elasticity to help tighten pore walls.
Charcoal: Draws out excess oil and impurities as it detoxifies.
Glycolic Acid: Helps clarify skin and smooth rough texture.
Vitamin C: Helps brighten skintone and minimize the appearance of fine lines as it defends from free radical damage.
At first, this product seems gimmicky, and I wasn’t immediately impressed. However with a couple of uses and reading about the ingredients, I think this is a decent light-weight detoxifying cleanser, just don’t expect a heavy duty clean feeling. You can tell this is a warming product because most products when applied to the face feels cool to the touch. I would purchase this in a set so I can try out other products from this company, or I might purchase the smallest size at 1.7 oz for $10 and it comes in a pump bottle.This is a nice treatment product to use for spa nights in. I rate this product 4/5. 3. First Aid Beauty, Ultra Repair Cream Weight:1 oz Price:$6.00 Origin: USA
This little tube is packed with product and perfect to use during the cold winter months. I’ve heard many people with super dry skin swear by this stuff. This cream can be a bit too much for my normal to combination face so I use it on my hands, and a little bit goes a LONG way. This can be used anywhere on the skin that needs extra hydration including cracked feet, dry elbows, flaky nose, etc.. I love that this product does not contain: Parabens, Sulfates , or Phthalates. The key ingredient in this product is:
Colloidal Oatmeal: FDA-designated Skin Protectant to relieve itching and minor irritation.
This product feels cooling on the skin, light-weight, and rubs in instantly. My hands feels instantly soft when I apply this. However the scent is not my personal favorite, it smells slightly like plastic, even though this product doesn’t contain any artificial scents or dyes. Or perhaps the scent is a mix of oatmeal, white tea, Shea butter and a few of the other ingredients? My sister has the tub form of this and I think she might have it forever since her skin isn’t dry either. I would repurchase this product as a gift for a friend with extremely dry skin. I rate this item 4/5.
4. Fresh, Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 Scent: Unscented Weight: 0.08 ozPrice:$12.00 Origin: FranceThis is an awesome daytime lip treatment with SPF 15, the one I have is the non-tinted version which can be applied on your lips without a mirror. The tube is very sturdy and to open you twist the cap on and twist back to close. The product itself is very thin, smooth, and delicate. It can break easily if used too roughly or too much product is out of the tube. Make sure to use properly with a little propped out and all will be well. Tip: Do not leave this product in a heated area. I love that this product is free of: Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates. The key ingredients in this product are:
Sugar: Prevents moisture loss.
Blend of nourishing oils: Meadowfoam Seed, Black Currant, Seed Avocado, and Jojoba: Deeply moisturizes dry areas.
Grapeseed Polyphenols: Protect, smooth, and soften.
Avobenzone and Octinoxate: Provide SPF 15 UVA/UVB sun protection.
This product smells like a fresh lemon that has been slightly sugared, very refreshing and semi-sweet. Not sticky, not waxy, not greasy either. It glides on like butter too! I like this deluxe-size and would like to repurchase them in a set, they have many other shade options available. This is also a lovely gift to give during winter months since it helps to hydrate the lips. I highly recommend this product and rate it a 4.5/5.
5. Glamglow, Younthmud Tingleexfoliate Treatment Weight: 0.5 oz Price:$19.00 Origin: USA This is my first time trying the ever so raved about Glamglow. (Please excuse the appearance as it may look like poop, I assure you it is not.) First of all, I like that the sample size comes in a squeezable tube form, it is easy to squeeze out and for sanitary reasons I think it’s great. It feels soft, when you rub it onto your face I can feel tiny sand like particles and chunks of green tea leaves. It dries fairly quickly on the skin as it states in the description it should take 10 mins or less to dry. Once it is dried you wash it off in circular motions and you are then exfoliating the outer layer of the skin. You can control the level of intensity by adding more water for less exfoliation. It can be slightly painful if you rub too hard as the particles are so tiny it can feel harsh on your skin. This product doesn’t contain: Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates. The main ingredients are:
French Sea Clay: Absorbs impurities and toxic substances, while leaving essential natural oils and minimizing pore size.
Volcanic Pumice Rock: Multi-level surface exfoliation that you control to clear dead skin cells, smoothing out fine lines and softening skin texture.
Green Tea Leaf Pieces: GLAMGLOW® groundbreaking patent pending TEAOXI™ technology delivers fresh Super-Squalene, EGCG super antioxidants, and Polypenols directly into the mud from the real pieces of tea leaf.
This product has a strong fragrance that I find to be overpowering. Even though this is a convenient 2 in 1 mask and exfoliator with green tea leaves, the added parfum is too much for me. I think this is an okay mask, everything about is it nice and it does a nice job making my skin feel soft and clean. The added fragrance and price range of $69 for a small 1.7 oz tub is not worth it for me. I won’t purchase this and rate this 3/5.
6. Josie Maran Cosmetics, Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter Scent: Apricot Vanilla Weight: 2 fl oz Price:$12.00 Origin: USA
I’ve been looking for a body butter with decent ingredients and have been eyeing this one from Josie Maran. There are so many scents to choose from! It is difficult to choose 1 and I want to try a few of the scents to see which one smells best. I was thrilled to see this in the set especially since Vanilla Apricot was one of the scents I had wanted to purchase. They sell this exact 2fl oz for $12 at Sephora. I like the small tub, the lid is a dark brown/black you twist to open and close. It is a decent amount of product for me since I only use it on my hands. They sell a bigger jar for those that will use this on their body. The texture feels slightly thick, soft but not too soft, and it goes on nicely. Hands feel soft and looks slightly dewy from the oils. You can turn this whipped cream upside down and not a drop will fall out or move in the tub.
The only thing I didn’t like about the packaging was the seal, it was a bit messy to remove the foam lid underneath the actual lid before first use. What drew me to this body cream was that it doesn’t contain: Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates which is what I look for in a body care. The key ingredients are:
Argan Oil: Replenishes and repairs skin cells.
Shea Butter: Hydrates and moisturizes the skin.
Avocado Oil: Helps repair damaged and dry skin.
White Tea Extract: Contributes antioxidant properties to protect the skin.
This is an innovative product, Argan oil is whipped into a creamy butter texture, and this unique product is grease free. Perfect for someone who wants the same results of an oil without the greasy mess. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this particular scent and felt it was too fruity to the point that it smelled like cheap perfume. I would like to try 1 more scent from this line to decide if I really like this. So far I like everything about this except for this particular scent so I rate this item 3/5. 7. Kate Somerville Skincare, Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment Weight: 0.15 fl oz Price: $22.00 Origin: USAThis is another highly raved about skincare item and my first time trying it. I was expecting this product to be a white lotion consistency and was surprised to see that the product is green! This is a 2 minute facial, you apply a thin layer onto clean, wet face, and massage in circular motions for 30 seconds. Product can be left on for up to 2 minutes and rinsed off. It is suggested not to scrub the product onto your skin and it does have tiny particles that can feel too harsh if rubbed in. I also noticed that the scent of this product smells like Christmas in a tube or if you have ever been to a craft shop that sells cinnamon it smells like a mixture of spices. Not a huge fan of the scent and this doesn’t state that it doesn’t contain certain ingredients which is a bummer. The key ingredients in this product are:
Papaya, Pineapple, and Pumpkin Enzymes: Naturally exfoliate dead skin cells, without over-drying.
Lactic Acid: Acts as a natural AHA skin exfoliator.
Rosewood and Cinnamon Extracts: Combine to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Aloe Vera, Honey, and Vitamin E: Smooth and soften skin.
My face felt slightly tingly and refreshed and I did notice my skin felt softer after using this product. I’m not head over heels about this product especially due to the scent and price. I won’t repurchase this item and rate it 3/5.
8. Marula Pure Beauty Oil, Foaming Cleansing Oil Weight: 1 fl oz Price:$4.78 Origin: USA I’ve never seen or heard of this brand before. This particular product is not sold online at Sephora, however I did see this product in stores. This bottle is a sample version of what the full-size product looks like, a very interesting looking bottle indeed when you see the bigger version. This is a gentle oil cleanser, perfect to use as a first cleanse to remove makeup. It massages into semi-suds, and as the description states, it doesn’t feel greasy. I like using oil cleansers, but found myself turned off by the scent of this one. No matter how many times I tried this product I could not get used to the smell. I will not purchase this in the future, product rating is 2/5.
9. Olehenriksen, Truth Serum Collagen Booster Weight: 0.33 fl oz Price:$15.84 Origin: USA
I already have this product from a previous purchase and it’s nice to have a backup of vitamin C. This product is formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates which is really nice. The key ingredients in this product are:
Proprietary Five-Source Vitamin C Complex: Brightens, supports natural collagen, firms, and provides essential antioxidant protection.
Green Tea Extract: Soothes and protects against free radical damage.
Sodium Hyaluronate: Binds moisture to the skin and replenishes lost hydration.
Vitamin E: Heals, restores, and nourishes.
I will finish this product and the one I have from a previous purchase. This is a serum that helps to renew, protect, and nourish. This is a nice treatment product to use weekly to give your skin an extra boost. One thing I do not like about this product is that they add coloring and fragrance. If I can find one that has better ingredients I will not purchase this one, the rating is 3/5.
10. Peter Thomas Roth, Rose Stem Cell Bio Repair Mask Weight: 0.5 oz Price:$4.50 Origin: USAThis brand is known for their face mask and I wanted to try their products. I am so glad I tried this product! It is surprisingly pleasant and I really enjoy using this. It is a cool gel that applies smoothly onto the skin and feels very refreshing. It has a light rose scent and feels calming. This product is formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates. The key ingredients in this product are:
Desert Rose: Helps support natural surface cell regeneration, supports skin barrier, and helps restore suppleness.
Damask Rose: Helps to tighten pores, purify, smooth, and fight the signs of aging.
Rose Commiphora: Possesses anti-redness properties.
Pale Rose: Helps to rebuild the moisture barrier; provides skin suppleness and softness for the appearance of newer, softer skin.
I would like to try other masks from this brand, and I wouldn’t mind repurchasing this one too. The full-size tub looks like a tub of hair gel for some reason. This is a lovely skin treatment for spa nights at home. I recommend this product, best to purchase during a sale since it is pricey, or in a set. I rate this item 4/5.
11. Shiseido, Ultimate Power Infusing Concentrate Weight: 0.33 fl oz Price:$21.45 Origin: USAWhen I saw this in the set I thought it was an outdated product or one that has been around for a few years. I don’t know, something about the packaging looks old school to me. I was surprised to learn this is one of their newer products, oops. It feels light, slightly runny, and nice on the skin. However, I wasn’t too impressed with this and I don’t like that it contains paraben and certain other ingredients. I will finish up this product but will not purchase this. Also this is an expensive product, for 1 oz it cost $$67.00! My rating: 2.5/5
My top 3 favorites in this set are:
1. Boscia, Detoxifying Black Cleanser Weight: 1 fl oz Price:$5.60 Origin: USA
2. Fresh, Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 Scent: Unscented Weight: 0.08 ozPrice:$12.00 Origin: France
3. Peter Thomas Roth, Rose Stem Cell Bio Repair Mask Weight: 0.5 oz Price:$4.50 Origin: USA
I enjoyed this set and I am glad that I got to try some best sellers. I discovered new items to incorporate into my skincare routine too. This was a great value and I do not regret purchasing this set. I also discovered some products that I did not enjoy, my 2 least favorite products are:
1. Marula Pure Beauty Oil, Foaming Cleansing Oil Weight: 1 fl oz Price:$4.78 Origin: USA
2. Shiseido, Ultimate Power Infusing Concentrate Weight: 0.33 fl oz Price:$21.45 Origin: USA
Thanks for stopping by!
Stay tuned for a few more reviews on Sephora Favorites coming soon. :)
<3 Michelle K. M