I was a little busy and I didn’t have a chance to share my September 2015 Ipsy earlier this month. I usually get my bag somewhere during the first or second week of the month. This month’s theme is ‘Face Fashion’ I received 5 items in total. 3 are full size and the rest are deluxe sized samples. Here is a brief un-bagging and a few swatches for you.
The front of the bag is nicely textured, this bag is longer in size than the usual glam bags. It’s almost like a slim clutch you can take out to dinner or run errands with during the day. The back is nice and smooth, the color is a pretty bronze/gold.
Inside this month here are my 5 products. A eye makeup palette, face moisturizer, hand/body lotion, lip item, and nail polish.
The 5 products in my bag are:
- IPSY teamed up with NYX and created a trio eye palette. I received mine in the shade IPSYNYX01 the colors are nice. They swatch okay and the colors can be built up, however the black shade is a little uneven and doesn’t swatch too well. This is a full size item.
This is a pretty color and can also be used as a highlighter. There are specks of glitter in this one, you can build this color up or wear it really light.
This one can also be worn lightly or layered for an intense chocolate brown bronze color.
This didn’t swatch nicely or evenly. The colors look similar even though you layer it on.
The front packaging nicely displays the three colors, there are no names for these colors except they are labeled as 1,2,3. The opening has a pretty bow like some of the other NYX products do.
2. I received a 1.2 fl oz hand/body lotion in the scent persimmon+plum. The company is called ‘Not Soap Radio’ for some reason the bottle reminds me of something I would get as a hotel sample. The scent can be a bit overpowering it smells like strong perfume or even air freshener..
3. From Bayberry Naturals I received a 0.5 fl oz Rosehip & Hibiscus Moisturizer. Awesome that it doesn’t contain: sulfates, parabens, phthales, artificial fragrances or dyes. For some reason the scent reminds me of crackers that you put in soup. The consistency is a bit runny but feels very moisturizing.
4. In a previous Ipsy bag I received the same pencil like packaging from Tréstique except this time it isn’t an eye crayon it is a mini lip crayon. It doesn’t smell like anything, glides on nicely, and the color is very pretty.
5. I received a nail polish from the brand Trust Fund in the color Elegantly Wasted. This is my second nail polish from Ipsy and I do not like getting nail polishes. This one was okay because it is non-toxic and it is 5 free which means they are free of: toluene, formaldehyde, plomb, nickel, and phtalates. The color is a nice lavender gray, nice for Fall.
Overall: No major complaints here, everything was okay. I will use 2 of the 3 eyeshadows (full size), definitely will use the lip crayon (full size), the face moisturizer will be used as well, not too sure about the hand/body lotion or if I will finish the nail polish (full size). The best thing is the bag!
<3 Michelle K. M